A construction worker named Shaukat Hossain (34) died after being electrocuted in an under-construction building in Rampura area of the capital.
The accident happened around 8:30 am on Wednesday (September 21). He was rescued in a critical condition and taken to the emergency department of Dhaka Medical College (DMH) Hospital. The doctor on duty declared him dead around 3 pm.
Babu used to work with that worker. He said that Shaukat was working in house No. 2 of Block D of Road No. 4, next to Banshri Ideal School. He was electrocuted while working on the fourth floor of that house.
He was rescued unconscious and taken to Shaheed Suhrawardy Hospital first. Later, when the condition worsened, he was brought to Dhaka Medical College Hospital. Doctors declared him dead around 3 pm.
Shaukat Khilgaon used to live in rented house number 241 in Bhuiapara. His father’s name is Shahadat Hossain.
Inspector in charge of police camp of DMK Hospital. Bachchu Mia said that the body has been kept in the morgue for autopsy. The matter has been informed to the concerned police station.
You can also write on the popular online news portal jagonews24.com. Writing topics feature, travel, lifestyle, career, IT, agriculture and nature. Submit your essay today [email protected] at the address