A 4-year-old girl died tragically in a house fire at Devigram in Lohagara upazila of Narail. The autopsy of the child was completed at Narail Sadar Hospital on Saturday afternoon.
According to police and local sources, on Friday afternoon, a fire broke out in the homestead of Chini Begum, a woman UP member of Devi village, due to an electrical short circuit. The flames spread to the living room in no time. At that time, UP member’s 4-year-old granddaughter Tamanna was sleeping in the house. No one could rescue the child as the fire quickly spread throughout the house.
The child’s father’s name is Syed Sohail and mother’s name is Anjana Begum. Dadi Chini Begum is a woman member of reserved ward No. 4 Noagram Union.
Arifuzzaman Mukul, a resident of Devigram, said that the fire broke out in the house of UP member Chini Begum due to short circuit of electricity. Due to intense heat, the fire spread to the whole house within moments. Due to which no one could rescue the child. After the fire was extinguished, the charred corpse of the child was recovered and placed on a banana leaf. The death of the child has left our community in a sea of grief.
Hayatuzzaman, a member of Ward No. 2 of Noagram Union, said that the child would have been alive and even if all the belongings of the house were burnt, there was no sadness. Our entire community is sad today. The news of the child’s death was immediately conveyed to the police administration. Later the police came and sent the child to Sadar Hospital for autopsy. After the post-mortem, the burial took place on Saturday afternoon. We seek the sincere cooperation of the district administration and Narail-2 Constituent Member of Parliament Mashrafe Bin Mortza for the rehabilitation of the family.