Saiful Islam, an employee of Akkelpur LPG gas filling station in Jaipurhat who got burnt in fire, died under treatment. He died in a Dhaka hospital in the early hours of Thursday (November 9).
Deceased Saiful Islam (40) son of Abdur Rahman of Hajipara Mohalla of Akkelpur Municipal area.
It is reported that on Tuesday (November 7) after ten o’clock in the night there was a sudden loud noise at Akkelpur LPG filling gas station. After that several areas around the filling station were shaken. Immediately a fire broke out in the LPG gas station. At that time, an employee of the station got burnt in the fire. On receiving the information, the fire service personnel came and brought the fire under control.
The seriously injured employee Saiful Islam was treated at Jaipurjat Modern and District Hospital. As about 80 percent of his body was burnt, he was quickly sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital for better treatment. He died early this morning while undergoing treatment there.
Confirming the matter, Bajlur Rashid Montu Kabiraj, owner of Akkelpur LPG gas filling station, said, ‘On Tuesday night, a fire broke out at the LPG gas filling station on the western side of the filling station after a loud noise. Fire service personnel came and brought the fire under control. During this time there was a loss of about 36 lakh rupees. Burned employee Saiful Islam was sent to Dhaka and died while undergoing treatment.’