One got electrocuted while fishing in the pond

One got electrocuted while fishing in the pond
One got electrocuted while fishing in the pond

Image: Symbolic

Barisal: In Barisal, he was electrocuted while fishing with pond water through an electric pump. A person named Alam Gharami (48) died.

The incident took place in Chandipur village of Ward No. 3 of Sadar Upazila on Friday (November 3).

Alam Gharami Upazila Raipasha-Karapur Union of South Karapur village deceased Md. Son of Sekander Ali Gharami.

Former general secretary of Jagua Union Awami League Jamal Sardar said that his pond is irrigated with electric pumps for fishing. At the end of irrigation, three people, including Alam, were fishing by the pump. Suddenly the water in the pond became electrified. At that time, Alam was electrocuted and seriously injured while in the water. He was immediately cut off and taken to Barisal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital where the doctor pronounced him dead.

Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Kotwali Model Police Station. Anwar Hossain said that one person died due to electrocution. A case of wrongful death has been registered in the police station. The body was recovered and sent to Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital morgue for post-mortem. The body will be handed over to the family after the post-mortem.

Bangladesh Time: 2059 hours, November 03, 2023

Any news, information, images, photographs, diagrams, videos, audio content published/broadcast by cannot be used without prior permission under copyright law.

The article is in Bengali

Tags: electrocuted fishing pond


NEXT Train movement on Dhaka-Cox’s Bazar route started today