Bhairab got sick from tear gas fumes

Bhairab got sick from tear gas fumes
Bhairab got sick from tear gas fumes
--

Kishoreganj: In Kishoreganj’s Bhairab Upazila, a tea seller named Ashiq Mia (50) died due to smoke from the tear gas fired by the police during the clashes between Awami League and BNP.

He died while undergoing treatment at Jahurul Islam Medical College Hospital in Bajitpur on Tuesday (October 31) around 10 pm.

The deceased was a resident of Gachtalaghat area of ​​Mia upazila and he used to earn his living by selling tea.

According to local sources, Ashiq Mia was selling tea with a sick body in Gachtalaghat area of ​​Bhairab upazila. He used to live with his family with the income from selling tea. A procession of BNP took out on Tuesday morning. A section of the procession started picketing in Gachtalaghat area. At that time there was a clash between the leaders and workers of Awami League and BNP. On receiving information, the police came and fired a few tear gas shells to control the situation. A tear gas shell fell near Ashiq’s shop. At that time, when Ashiq fell ill due to gas fumes, he was rescued and taken to Bhairab Upazila Health Complex. From there he was taken to Jahurul Islam Medical College Hospital in Bajitpur for better treatment. He died while undergoing treatment there on Tuesday around 10 pm.

In this regard, Bhairab Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Mohammad Makchudul Alam said that tear gas shells were thrown in Gachtalaghat area to stop the clash between Awami League and BNP. But no one should die. He said he did not know the details of anyone’s death.

Bangladesh Time: 1450 hours, November 01, 2023
RA

Any news, information, images, photographs, diagrams, videos, audio content published/broadcast by banglanewstwentyfour.com cannot be used without prior permission under copyright law.


The article is in Bengali

Tags: Bhairab sick tear gas fumes

-

PREV Former Member of Parliament Nazrul Islam’s 12th death anniversary today
NEXT Deaths, arrests and repression during protests in Bangladesh must stop