01 November 2023, 06:06 pm
A college student named Mushfika Khatun (20) died of snake bite in Tala upazila of Satkhira. The accident took place at Dhyamsakhola village of Sujanshah Bazar of the upazila around 3 pm on Tuesday.
The deceased Mushfika Khatun (20) is the daughter of Lathith Sardar of this village. She is a 12th class student of Science Department of Shaheed Muktijoddha College, Sadar, Upazila.
The deceased’s uncle Salim Moral said that Mushfika went to sleep after finishing her studies on Tuesday night. A snake bit her hand while turning on the electrical switch to go to the bathroom at night. He was immediately taken to Kaviraj with the help of family and neighbors. Kaviraj advises him to take her to hospital. When he was taken to Khulna Medical by ambulance, the doctor in charge declared him dead.
All the teachers and students of Muktijoddha College have expressed grief over the death of college student Mushfika.
Mushfiqar’s classmate Sumaiya Khatun said, yesterday I had a class with Mushfiqar in college. In the afternoon we also read together privately. It is difficult to accept the news of his death today. All the classmates of the college are emotionally broken by his death. Mushfiqa was very talented. The shadow of grief over the death of a good classmate has come to everyone.
Several teachers of the college said that a brilliant student died prematurely. Mushfiqa was very talented and humble. He respected the teachers very much and always kept himself busy with his studies. It is hard to accept his sudden death, we have lost a brilliant and good student.
The teachers also said that the medical system of the country has progressed a lot. If you are bitten by a snake, you can get an antivenom injection to the hospital right away to reverse the envenomation. Everyone should be aware of this and avoid Kaviraj formula. A brilliant student lost due to giving time to Kabiraji formula.
Officer-in-charge (OC) of Tala police station. Mominul Islam said that a college student named Mushfika died due to snake bite. She was a 12th class student of Science Department of Muktijoddha College.