Glenn Maxwell: When Australia’s top order failed to chase 292 runs against Afghanistan, he appeared on the field like Aladdin’s lamp. Maxwell alone took the team to the semi-finals. Auji star showed all the adversities that are forced to give up to desire and stubbornness. Although the body did not cooperate at times, the bat did not stop. In the end, despite scoring 201 runs, he did not catch the hands of the Afghans. Today he came not to lose, but only to win, he left the king’s field and explained that.
Image Credit source: ICC
Mumbai: Incredible, incomparable, unimaginable are all adjectives for Glenn Maxwell. Maxey went down in history with a devastating innings against Afghanistan. Maxwell’s contribution to take the team to the semi-finals will forever be remembered by cricket lovers. He gave a brilliant innings of 201 runs against Afghanistan. At the same time, a new history was written in Wankhede. What record did the all-rounder set against the Afghans? Know more in this report of TV9 Bangla Sports.
Glenn Maxwell has changed the old saying ‘one hundred alone’. One hundred alone is now past. Two hundred alone now. He gave a great innings of 201 runs against Afghanistan. This performance of Maxi will make you remember this saying of Sahitya Samrat again and again. When Australia’s top order failed to chase down 292 runs against Afghanistan, he appeared on the field like Aladdin’s magic lamp. Maxwell single-handedly led the team to the semi-finals. Auji Starr has shown all the adversities that are forced to give up to desire and stubbornness. Although the body did not cooperate at times, the bat did not stop. In the end, despite scoring 201 runs, he did not catch the hands of the Afghans. He came not to lose today, but only to win, he left the field like a king and explained that. Along with that, Maxi broke the records of many legends including Kapil Dev. What record did he own? Let’s take a look…
1. Glenn Maxwell became the first batsman to score a double century for Australia in ODI history. Shane Watson had the highest score in ODIs for Australia. In 2011, Watson played an unbeaten innings of 185 runs against Bangladesh in Mirpur.
2. Chris Gayle (219) and Martin Guptill (237) previously scored double centuries in men’s ODI World Cup. Both of them scored a double century by batting first. Maxwell is the first double centurion in the run chase.
3. Pat Cummins contributed 12 to the unbeaten 202-run stand of Maxwell and Cummins. It is the highest run pairing in the seventh or lower order. They made this pair for the eighth wicket. Jos Buttler-Adil Rashid’s 177 is the record for most runs by a seventh wicket or lower order pair.
4. The cricket world has not forgotten Kapil Dev’s unbeaten innings of 175 runs in the 1983 World Cup. But this time Kapil Dev has also been overtaken by Maxi. Kapil Dev also played an epic innings in tough conditions for the team.
5. This is the first time Australia won by chasing so many runs on the World Cup stage. Earlier, Ajid’s highest run chase record was 287 against New Zealand.