A young man named Jahangir Alam (35) was getting traps to protect Aman paddy from wild elephant attacks in the border area of Haluaghat, Mymensingh. Later he lost his life due to electrocution in his own trap.
The accident happened on Tuesday (September 20) in the evening of Kardaitli village of Bhubankura union of the upazila. Jahangir Alam is the son of late Abdul Jabbar of that area.
According to police and local sources, Jahangir Alam administered electric shock by connecting it through a generator to protect Aman Dhan from the attacks of wild elephants coming down from the hills in the border area. But he accidentally electrocuted himself and lost consciousness. Later, the local residents rescued him with serious injuries and took him to the health complex where the doctor on duty declared him dead.
Inspector (SI) of Haluaghat police station. Shahinuzzaman Khan said that the police visited the spot after receiving the news that a young man had died due to electrocution. He also said that legal measures are under process in this incident.
You can also write on the popular online news portal jagonews24.com. Writing topics feature, travel, lifestyle, career, IT, agriculture and nature. Submit your essay today [email protected] at the address