222 people infected with dengue in Chittagong in September, 78% of the patients are from the city

222 people infected with dengue in Chittagong in September, 78% of the patients are from the city
222 people infected with dengue in Chittagong in September, 78% of the patients are from the city

Chittagong: In the first 20 days of this September, 222 dengue patients have been identified in Chittagong. Which is the highest in this year.

According to the Civil Surgeon’s office, only 5 people were infected with dengue in January this year. One person was infected in February but no patients were found in March, April and May. However, the number of infected people started increasing again from June. 17 people were affected this month. In addition, dengue cases increased to 50 in July, 76 in August and 222 in September.

Data analysis shows that 308 or 83 percent of the total 371 dengue patients this year are residents of Chittagong city. The remaining 17 percent or 63 patients are residents of different upazilas. Among them 170 men, 101 women and 100 children.

The health department claims that the number of dengue infected patients is very small in proportion to the population. So now nothing has happened to spread fear. But they are advised to be aware of course.

When asked what can be done if dengue is affected, Dr. Chittagong General Hospital’s junior consultant of medicine department. Hamidullah Mehdi told BanglaNews that dengue should be kept in mind if there is any fever during monsoon. Usually the fever is high, 102 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Fever can be accompanied by several other symptoms. These include severe body aches, back and muscle pain, pain around and behind the eyes, nausea or vomiting, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, constipation, taste changes and flushing. At this time, if you have a fever, it is necessary to take the Dengue NS1 test within the first five days of the onset of the fever without delay. Along with this, CBC, SGPT, SGOT test is required. Above all, it is important to consult a doctor.

Chittagong district civil surgeon about dengue situation. Elias Chowdhury told Banglanews that awareness is needed first. It is important to be more careful especially with children. Any time you go to sleep, you must sleep with mosquito nets. If any other symptoms appear, a doctor should be consulted.

He also said that dengue patients have increased in Chittagong. We are prepared to deal with this disease. Separate treatment arrangements have been kept for dengue patients in various upazila health complexes. Apart from this, the hospitals of the city also have adequate facilities.

Bangladesh Time: 1924 Hours, September 20, 2022
MR/TC


The article is in Bengali

bangladesh

Tags: people infected dengue Chittagong September patients city

PREV Health department not providing complete data on dengue: Tapas
NEXT Laden arrested from Sherpur