Dhaka strongly protested by calling Myanmar’s ambassador

Dhaka strongly protested by calling Myanmar’s ambassador
Dhaka strongly protested by calling Myanmar’s ambassador

U Aung Kyaw Mo, the country’s ambassador posted in Dhaka, has been summoned to protest against the incident of shelling inside Bangladesh from Myanmar’s warplanes in Bandarban’s Naikxyongchari upazila. Along with this, a diplomatic formal letter was also handed over.

Mia Mainul Kabir, Director General of the Myanmar Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, summoned the ambassador on Sunday.

In this regard, an official said, ‘This morning the ambassador was summoned to the Rashtriya Guest House Padma. He had a meeting with him for about an hour. He was informed about Bangladesh’s displeasure in the case of ammunition.

He said that they have been warned about the impact of Bangladesh due to Myanmar’s operations on the border.

Earlier on Saturday morning, two shells came from Myanmar warplanes inside Bangladesh border of Tumbru in Ghumdhum Union of Naikxyongchari Upazila of Bandarban. As a result, panic spread among the people of that area bordering Bangladesh.

However, there were no reports of any casualties in the firing from the Myanmar warplanes. Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) is on alert at the border after the incident. Security patrols have also been strengthened.

According to local sources, Myanmar Army patrolled two warplanes and two fighting helicopters between border pillars 40 and 41 under the jurisdiction of Reju Amtali BGB BOP of Tumbru border around 9:30 am on Saturday.

Around 8 to 10 bullets were fired from Myanmar warplanes and helicopters. Two bullets came out of it and landed inside Bangladesh approximately 120 meters from the border.

Local Ghumdhum Union Parishad Chairman Jahangir Aziz Chowdhury told Dhaka Times, ‘Firing is going on between rebels and Myanmar forces inside the border of Myanmar. 25 to 40 mortar shell explosions are heard a day. Fear is normal. However, the patrolling of the BGB has been strengthened at the border.

If you want to know about this, BGB headquarters Director (Operation) Lieut. Colonel Faizur Rahman told Dhaka Times, ‘We have received information. The situation is being monitored.’

Officer-in-charge (OC) of Naikshyongchari police station Tantu Saha told Dhaka Times that two consecutive unexploded mortar shells flew from Myanmar and landed at Tumbru Zero Point border in Ghumdhum Union of Naikshyongchari.

Earlier on Sunday, two mortar shells fired from Myanmar fell in the Ghumdhum area of ​​the Bandarban border. They did not explode and there were no casualties. The day after the incident, Dhaka issued a strong protest by summoning Myanmar’s ambassador Aung Kyaw Moe, who was posted in Dhaka.

After a program at Dhaka University last Thursday, Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen told reporters, ‘The mortar shells came suddenly. We asked them (Myanmar), they said they will be careful in future.’

Meanwhile, the foreign minister said that no more citizens of Myanmar will be allowed to enter Bangladesh after the shelling on Saturday. Besides, Aung Kyaw Moe, Myanmar’s ambassador posted in Dhaka, was summoned on Sunday.

(Dhakatimes/September 4/KR/SM)

The article is in Bengali

Tags: Dhaka strongly protested calling Myanmars ambassador

PREV Life of 17 people including UP Chairman
NEXT The kidnapper confessed to robbing 1500