Chhatra League has issued a memorandum to implement the 8-point demand to resolve the various crises and problems of residential student halls of Dhaka University (DU). University Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr. on Saturday afternoon. The Chhatra League leaders of the concerned 5 student halls submitted the memorandum to Akhtaruzzaman.
In the memorandum, they mentioned the various anomalies and irregularities of the 5 student halls of Dhaka University and wrote that the students of the student halls are being subjected to various harassments. Even the health risks of students are seen. For a long time, serving poor quality food at high prices in hall canteens, lack of clean water filters compared to demand, misbehavior with hall students at times, various restrictions for girls to enter halls, which effectively deprives students of their rights and creates various obstacles. We want an end to these anomalies and irregularities.
The 8-point demands of Chhatra League leaders are:
1. Resident/Non-Resident Female Students shall be allowed to enter any hall subject to the production of ID card.
2. If the entry period should be extended.
3. The quality of food in the halls should be improved and adequate clean water filters should be installed in each hall.
4. Students should be treated well and all forms of harassing behavior should be stopped.
5. If any student is sick, immediate action should be taken.
6. The guest room of the hall should be kept open from 8 am to 8 pm.
7. Traveling to distant halls will require increased bus trips and timings.
8. Proper rickshaw fares and proper monitoring should be arranged for commuting to the campus.
Present during the handover of the memorandum were Shamsun Nahar Hall Chhatra League President Khadija Akhtar Urmi, General Secretary Nusrat Rubaiyat Neela, Rokeya Hall Chhatra League President Atika Binte Hossain, General Secretary Antara Das Pritha, Bangmata Hall Chhatra League President Kohinoor Akhtar Rakhi, General Secretary Sanjina Yasmin, Bangladesh-Kuwait. Maitri is Chhatra League president Razia Sultana Katha, general secretary Jannatul Hawa Ankhi, poet Sufia Kamal is Chhatra League president Pooja Karmakar, general secretary Rima Akhtar Dolly.