Wiped out in the Saturn arena of the capital. It has been reported that a fifth class student named Mim Akhter (12) committed suicide by drinking pesticides. The incident took place on Wednesday (August 31) around 8:00 pm in Boalbari area of Shanir Akhara.
Mim’s mother claims that she committed suicide because of her grandmother’s scolding about her studies.
Mim’s mother Asma Begum said, I was not at home for four days. I came to know last night, his grandmother Jahanara Begum scolded him for studying. Being proud of this, my daughter drank the insecticide to kill the cockroaches in the house.
He was first taken to a local hospital. Later, when the condition worsened, he was rushed to Dhaka Medical College (DMC) Hospital. But the DMK doctor declared him dead.
Asma Begum also said that our village house is in Barsigura of Hossainpur upazila of Kishoreganj.
DMK Hospital Police Camp Incharge (Inspector) Md. Bachchu Mia said, the body has been kept in the hospital morgue for post-mortem. The matter has been reported to the concerned police officer.
Our lives have changed due to the corona virus. Time is spent in joy and pain, crisis, anxiety. How are you spending your time? You can write in Jago News. Send it today – [email protected]