Husband and wife died of burns in an explosion in Bogra

Husband and wife died of burns in an explosion in Bogra
Husband and wife died of burns in an explosion in Bogra

Bogura: In Sherpur upazila of Bogra, a husband and wife died after being burnt due to gas leakage explosion.

They died on Sunday (November 19) afternoon after being under treatment for five days at the Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute in Dhaka.

The deceased are Rakibul Islam Rocky (35), son of Abdul Wahed Master of Fultala village of Shahbandegi Union of Bogra Sherpur Upazila and his wife Mosha. Meem Khatun (26).

Chairman of Shahbandegi Union Parishad, Kazi Abul Kalam Azad, said that Mim went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast on the morning of November 14. When the switch of the stove was pressed, suddenly the house caught fire. Meem was burnt by this. When her husband Rakibul Islam, who was in the next room, went to rescue his wife, he was also burnt.

Later, the locals came and rescued them in a serious condition and quickly admitted them to Bogra Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College (Shajimek) Hospital. But as the condition deteriorated there, they were shifted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. They died there on Sunday afternoon while undergoing treatment.

Sherpur police station sub-inspector (SI) Rabiul Islam said that a case of wrongful death has been registered in Dhaka.

Bangladesh Time: 1121 hours, November 20, 2023

Any news, information, images, photographs, diagrams, videos, audio content published/broadcast by cannot be used without prior permission under copyright law.

The article is in Bengali


Tags: Husband wife died burns explosion Bogra


NEXT Twelfth parliamentary election without BNPK!