Another name for water is life. Drinking enough water to stay healthy is often encouraged. But drinking too much water can lead to serious dangers. American actress Brooke Shields was in such danger. He said that due to drinking excess water, he had seizures for a long time. He was sitting on the verge of death. This information is known from a report of Indian media NDTV.
Brooke Shields said she was left blue in the face and foaming at the mouth during the incident. As a result, he had to seek medical attention immediately. Brooke Shields, recalling the incident, said, ‘I started having massive seizures. The face turned blue. I was biting my own tongue. The next thing I remember is that I was put in an ambulance and put on an oxygen mask.’
The disease that Brooke Shields suffered from is called overhydration in medical terms. It is also called water toxicity. In this condition, both parts of the human brain are affected and the performance is greatly reduced.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in the United States, when seizures begin in this condition, the body’s muscles may tighten and the body may begin to shake or convulse periodically. It can even cause the person to lose consciousness, scream and even lose balance.
Brooks said his doctor told him Brooks drank plenty of water but didn’t eat enough salt and a balanced diet. While Brooks drank plenty of water, her sodium levels were low, doctors said. Which can be very dangerous. This is because water lowers the concentration of sodium in the blood, causing a condition known as hyponatremia. Sometimes this hyponatremia can become life-threatening.
According to the CDC, 3.7 liters of water or fluids per day is sufficient for an adult male and 2.7 liters for a female. However, doctors do not recommend a person to consume more than 1.4 liters of fluid per hour.