Many people search Google about themselves. Many times you are shocked to see very personal information there. Some very old photos or some information about the time of opening Facebook account, starting from username and many other information comes there. Most people do not want personal information to become public. So now the search engine giant has come forward to help in this matter.
Google recently announced a new search feature. That feature warns users about personal information appearing in Google searches. The feature is called ‘Results About You’.
According to Google’s website, through the Results About You feature, when and from where a user’s information came to the search engine, this feature will highlight. It can also remove the page from Google’s results.
According to digital platform Mashable, this Results About You feature is very helpful for those who are prone to cyber attacks and other risks. Mashable’s technology reporter Amanda Yeo said Results About You is tied to Google’s privacy settings and other features. The feature will help take control over a person’s digital footprint.
How to turn on the alert
1. Those who have a Google account can keep this alert on. To turn on alerts, you must first ensure that you are signed in to a Google account.
2. First, go to the Results About You Activity page.
3. Click on the Get Started option and follow the on-screen prompts.
4. Google will ask you to add any contact information, where you want to receive alerts. User can add multiple name, address, phone number and email.
5. Confirm the information and specify how you want to receive alerts. Google can also send notifications to your email if you want.
6. Google will automatically scan search results for your personal information. If any information is indeed provided, you will be informed about it.
7. Finally go to Results About You page. From there you can edit your contact information.
How to Remove Your Personal Information from Google Search
For this first you need to go to Results About You Activity page.
1. Select the Results to Review option.
2. Click the blue box next to the information about you that you want to remove.
3. Submit request.
By following the rules above, you can easily add or remove personal information from Google Search with the help of the Results About You feature.